Last updated on November 22nd, 2021 at 10:13 am
The Pfizer Vaccine has received full approval from the FDA.
COVID-19 is commonly known as a coronavirus, which is an umbrella term for viruses identified by their unique corona or crown shape. COVID-19 specifically refers to an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Other coronaviruses include common colds, SARS, and MERS.
Since its recognition in late 2019, COVID-19 has impacted every country and community around the world. COVID-19 has proven to be very successful at transmitting between people by respiratory secretions of all sizes. Asymptomatic carriers (people without symptoms of disease) can spread COVID-19, making it difficult to identify who is actually infectious with the virus. Respiratory secretions occur while people are breathing, talking, coughing, sneezing, and more. Vaccinations are helping to slow the spread of COVID-19, but transmission continues through those who have not yet been vaccinated. Along with vaccination, physical distancing, masking, and hand washing are other strategies to help slow the spread of COVID-19. As COVID-19 variants emerge, the CDC says that vaccine boosters may be necessary to ensure reduced transmission.
Common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
Other symptoms could be signs of serious illness. If someone has trouble breathing, chest pain or pressure, or difficulty staying awake, get medical care immediately.
Information for Farmers, Ranchers and Farmworkers
- CDC Guidance for Agricultural Workers
- Global Pandemics and the Agricultural Workforce: Resource and Policy Implications
- COVID19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- Ivermectin Fact Sheet
- Meat and Poultry Processing Workers and Employers: Interim Guidance from OSHA and the CDC
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- How to Protect Yourself & Others (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
Webinars and Podcast Episodes
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Boosters, Kids, and Other Updates
- Prevention of COVID-19 Among the Agricultural Industry – Contact Tracing
- Protecting Your Ag Employees from Infectious Disease Including New COVID-19 Delta Variant
- Rooted in Facts – COVID-19 Vaccines
- Talking Total Farmer Health – Ivermectin
- What Ag Producers Need to Know about COVID19
Page updated: August 2021