Last updated on July 2nd, 2021 at 05:02 pm
Graduate Student Internship Opportunities
The AgriSafe Network has openings for graduate student interns. AgriSafe is a national 501©3 organization representing health and safety professionals who strive to reduce health disparities found among the agricultural community.
The internship is an unpaid, 2-4 month opportunity with the possibility of extension. It is designed for students to obtain relevant work experience in order to be competitive for future positions in public health or other non-profit/for profit arenas, with an emphasis on agricultural occupational health. Areas of possible concentration include:
- Data Analyst
- Health Communications
- Women’s Health
- Opioid Misuse Prevention
- Mental Health
- Veterans Health
NATURE OF INTERNSHIP DUTIES
The intern will be responsible for supporting staff in continuing education for agricultural employers and employees; education programs for special populations and emerging issues for agricultural health & safety professionals. Intern duties may include but are not limited to:
- Analyze program evaluation data including quantitative and qualitative data.
- Responsible for day to day public health communication. Includes; scheduling daily social media content, monitoring profiles for engagement opportunities, and promoting trainings through existing partnerships.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads creative and technical material for publications, papers, reports, websites, fact sheets, talking points, news articles, and media templates.
- Responsible for managing small projects.
- Conducts research and writing support for interviews of subject matter experts and marketing initiatives and proposals.
- Monitors media outlets for breaking news related to AgriSafe’s priorities
Current enrollment as graduate level student in an accredited college or university; majoring in public health, health education, communications, or related field.
WORK DURATION & CONDITIONS
Negotiable and flexible. Approximately 100- 200 hours over a period of 2-4 months. The internship is unpaid, however a travel stipend of $400 is available to interns who present their work at professional meetings.
AgriSafe offices are located in Covington, Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska; alternative work site arrangements are considered, including telecommuting.
AgriSafe will work with intern and student’s advisor to facilitate academic credit. Student may also use the resources they develop to build their career portfolio or enhance their capstone experience.
A copy of an unofficial graduate school transcript, cover letter, resume and contact information for two professional references should be sent to: Knesha Rose, Public Health Programs Director, email@example.com, Questions? Call 985-327-1627.