Last updated on December 20th, 2021 at 09:19 am
FarmResponse is a 3.5-hour continuing education module developed by national experts from the AgriStress Response Network.
AgriSafe’s FarmResponse course addresses farm and ranching cultural competencies, financial stress, land ownership and legacy issues, and the work of agriculture. This knowledge is critical for a healthcare professional to effectively care for a farmer’s total health (health of the body and mind). FarmResponse improves cultural competencies and understanding of the stressors affecting agricultural producers, workers, and their families for hotline, emergency, primary care, acute care, and behavioral healthcare professionals.
Launch Date: FarmResponse will be housed on AgriSafe’s learning management system, known as AgriSafe Learning Lab by February 2022. The chapter format allows the learner to complete the module in stages to meet the busy healthcare professionals’ time constraints.
Continuing education credits will be provided for: Nursing (RN, LPN), Social Work (LSW), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT), Audiology (ABA), Physician (CME credit), Industrial Hygiene (CIH), Certified Public Health Professional (CPH), and Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
The topics covered in FarmResponse include:
- The Mental Health Landscape in Agriculture
- Current Demographics of US Agricultural Producers
- AgriBusiness Factors in Mental Health: Risks, Heir’s property, Role of mediation
- Agricultural Work Health Factors
- Culture of Agriculture: Family dynamics, Agrarian values, Protective factors, Community
- Healthcare Access Challenges
- Suicide in this Population
- Building on the Strength of Rural
- Resources and referrals