This is the first fall and winter virus season where vaccines are available for the three viruses responsible for most hospitalizations (COVID-19, RSV, and the flu). Vaccination remains the best protection against COVID-19-related hospitalization and death. Vaccination also reduces your chance of suffering the effects of Long COVID. If you have not received a COVID-19 vaccine in the past 2 months, get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself this fall and winter! The recommendations on the below chart are especially important for those at high risk, including people who are elderly, pregnant, or have chronic health conditions.
Things to know:
- Flu vaccines and COVID-19 vaccines can be given at the same visit if you are due for both vaccines. More information is available here.
- Free COVID-19 tests are back! Households can receive 4 free rapid tests through USPS again. You can order your test here.
- Individuals should not have to pay for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Private insurance companies are mandated to cover this vaccine with no copay.
- Uninsured or underinsured adults: CVS/Walgreens are required by federal law to cover your vaccine at no cost to you, thanks to the new Bridge Program.
- Uninsured or underinsured kids: Vaccines for Children cover all kid’s vaccines, not just COVID-19, for those that cannot pay.