- This event has passed.
Webinar: Heat and Wildfire Smoke Exposure Among Agricultural Workers: Examining Exposure Risk and Potential Strategies to Protect Workers
September 20 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
Last updated on September 21st, 2022 at 09:40 am
Heat and Wildfire Smoke Exposure Among Agricultural Workers: Examining Exposure Risk and Potential Strategies to Protect Workers
Summary: Heat and wildfire smoke has become a persistent health threat for agriculture workers. This webinar will focus on understanding the risks of exposure to wildfire smoke and heat and potential strategies for protecting agricultural workers. In addition, participants will learn about a unique research partnership utilized to co-develop and communicate safety and health information to agricultural workers.
Intended Audience: Agricultural farmers, ranchers, supervisors, farmworkers, farmworker organizations, health and safety professionals, trainers, promotores, rural healthcare providers, extension agents, and others who work in agriculture.
Objectives: At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to…
• Describe the risk factors for exposure to heat and wildfire smoke to farmworkers.
• Describe solutions to prevent heat-related illness that can be implemented in agricultural work environments.
• List best practices for protecting agricultural workers’ health during wildfire conditions.
• Learn how partnerships with community-based organizations can help communicate safety and health messages to agricultural communities.
- CHS, CS-CASH, HICAHS, PNASH, SWAG, WCAHS, Agri-Services Agency