You might be wondering how you can help our ag, fishing, and forestry workers… Well, you can do so in a few different ways! Scroll down to see some suggestions for individuals and organizations.
Take action – Here is how individuals can help!
- Share the AgriStress Helpline materials on social media and talk about it with your neighbors!
- Encourage your local businesses, agencies, and organizations to display print materials that advertise the AgriStress Helpline!
- Show that you appreciate and support your farmers and ranchers – give them thanks. This can be done by sending them a thank-you card, by talking to them about the weather, by waving kindly at tractors and other ag vehicles, by buying fresh and eating local, or by going to your local farmers market and getting to know them. Whatever’s comfortable for you.
- Promote policy changes that support mental health programs in your area.
- Speak openly and kindly about mental health and wellness in your community.
- If you have concerns about someone you care about, call FOR them. Find and share resources with them.
- Display the AgriStress Response partner badge on your email signature line or LinkedIn page.
Take action – Here is how organizations can help!
- Help us protect the people who feed the world – provide financial support to help us reach our goal to make the helpline national, so that ag, fishing, and forestry workers across the nation can access mental health services that cater to their needs. Become a changemaker or make a donation by connecting with Allison Flynn, AgriSafe’s Development Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Share the AgriStress Helpline materials across your platforms to increase awareness.
- Use showrooms/stores/offices to display flyers, handouts, and other marketing materials.
- Create policies and initiatives to support AgriSafe’s mission (protecting the people who feed the world).
- Display the AgriStress Response partner badge on your website.
Click here to go back to the main AgriStress Helpline page.