- This event has passed.
Staying Cool in Your Region’s Heat: How to manage, identify, and reduce heat illnesses and sun exposure
September 17, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Last updated on March 3rd, 2022 at 09:15 am
This session will include information on heat exposure, ways to reduce the chances of experiencing heat related illness, sun exposure, safety, and identification of aspects that can be screened as skin cancer. It will also help participants identify if they or someone they are working with is experiencing heat stress, heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- Participants will gain knowledge in identifying signs and symptoms of heat stress, heat exhaustion and heat stroke along with treatments that can be provided when identified.
- Participants will have an increased knowledge of how heat index can be used to help plan and reduce heat stress, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Participants will gain knowledge on how to identify questionable areas on skin that need to be future evaluated due to skin exposure along with ways to prevent skin damage.
This training has expired. Let us know if you’d like us to schedule it again!
Repeat This Webinar
- September 17, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
- Event Categories:
- Hazards, Heat Related Illnesses
- Jessica Wilburn, RN, MSN, CEN