Last updated on July 15th, 2022 at 10:05 am
Use the following documents to learn more about Avian Influenza or to distribute information in your workplace or with your network:
- HPAI Toolkit: This toolkit from the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center provides more resources on monitoring your flock’s health, biosecurity, PPE, and more!
- Choosing the Right Mask for your Agricultural Job
- Common Respirator Types Used in Agriculture
- How to Properly Care For Your Mask
- Respirator Storage
- Ag Worker Health and Avian Influenza
- Respiratory Fit Testing in Agricultural Communities
- Respiratory Protection Issues in Agriculture – What to Wear & Does It Fit?
- Agricultural Worker Protection Standards: From the EPA, this document covers primarily pesticide exposure. However, some of the same respiratory protections for pesticides are useful for dealing with avian influenza.
- Bird Flu from MedlinePlus: From the National Library of Medicine, this page provides more resources on avian influenza
- Defend the Flock: This program from the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service includes information on biosecurity, signs and symptoms, resources, and youth trainings.
- Fit Testing from 3M: Learn about the different types of fit testing, watch videos, and see documentation resources.
- Recommendations for Worker Protection and Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Reduce Exposure to Novel Influenza A Viruses Associated with Severe Disease in Humans: From the CDC, this page describes appropriate PPE to reduce risk of infection from avian influenza.