All-terrain vehicle (ATV) crashes are one of the leading causes of death and injuries in the agriculture industry in the United States. In this presentation, we will evaluate the current situation and possible solutions related to agricultural ATV safety. Potential injury preventative actions were evaluated based on the hierarchy of control, including elimination or substitution, engineering control, administrative authority, training, and personal protective equipment.
At the end of the webinar, participants will:
– Understand Recreational vs. Agricultural ATV incidents
– Identify strategies for elimination or substitution to prevent injury
– Recognize engineering controls: Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS), Crush Prevention Device (CPD)
– Describe administrative authority: United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Israel, and New Zealand
– Identify Personal Protective Equipment (helmet)