Webinar: Chainsaw Safety Training
June 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Summary: The Chainsaw Safety training program is intended for workers and managers in the agricultural and forestry industries. The major focus of the program is on the identification of and the safe operation of chainsaws. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 36,000 people are injured by chainsaws annually.
Intended Audience: This course is intended for workers in forestry and logging, including fallers, first-line supervisors/managers of forestry workers, logging equipment operators, sawing machine setters, operators and tenders, and truck drivers.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of OSHA’s rule on Chainsaw Safety.
- Explain the basic requirements of Chainsaw Safety.
- List the components of creating a safe work environment.
- Discuss the proper PPE to be worn during chainsaw operations
- Review the precheck of the equipment before starting the job.
This material was produced under grant number SH-39184-SH2 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.