- This event has passed.
NFSHW 2021: Best Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Protect Your Lungs
September 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
Last updated on September 23rd, 2021 at 04:09 pm
Summary: Respiratory protection strategies for women working in agriculture can be a challenge. Purchasing respiratory protective equipment and achieving proper fit is often difficult. This one-hour webinar program will address dangerous exposures in agricultural work and the importance of respiratory protective equipment for women. It will include training tips and evidence-based resources for use in clinical practice and worker education
Intended Audience: The primary audience for this program will be rural health care providers, educators, and agribusiness safety managers
Objectives: At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to…
1. List at least three sources of common agricultural respiratory hazards
2. Identify appropriate respiratory protection equipment for women working in agriculture
3. Access a minimum of three evidence-based resources for use in respiratory health and safety education for women working in agricultural environments.
Presenter: Charlotte Halverson, RN, BSN, COHN-S, Clinical Director, AgriSafe NetworkWatch the Recording Here
This material was produced under grant number SH-05172-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- September 23, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
- Event Categories:
- Hazards, National Farm Safety and Health Week, OSHA Standards, Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory Health, Social, Women's Health
- Charlotte Halverson, RN, BSN, COHN-S
Webinar: Chainsaw Safety TrainingJune 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT