- This event has passed.
New Technologies: Working Safely in a COVID-19 World in Agriculture & Food/Beverage Industry
July 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Last updated on August 23rd, 2021 at 04:17 pm
Summary: The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have published updated guidelines to help agricultural employers protect unvaccinated workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidelines for unvaccinated workers continue to include social distancing and masking requirements in certain situations. Social distancing and mask requirements may make communication more difficult in certain situations. This webinar will provide an overview of the updated CDC, OSHA, and FDA guidance and resources for Agriculture with emphasis on suggested personal protective equipment (PPE). Various types of PPE which can be helpful during a pandemic such as eyewear, face shields, and protective communication solutions will be discussed. Several innovations in technologies in PPE can help with reducing eyewear fogging and help communicating at a distance in pandemics and beyond.
Objectives: By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to…
- Identify two check lists to help Agricultural employers assess their COVID-19 plan
- Identify resources for the latest guidelines from the CDC, OSHA, and FDA
- Review the updated CDC, OSHA and FDA guidance on eyewear, face shields, and other PPE for Agricultural workers
- Identify 3 tips for reducing eyewear fogging
- Identify two technologies that can help workers communicate at a distance
Intended Audience: Agriculture, food and beverage safety and health professionals