- This event has passed.
Hazard Communications Standards
June 17, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Last updated on March 3rd, 2022 at 09:03 am
This Hazard Communication Standard training program is intended for female workers and managers in the agricultural industry. This includes dairy farms and small farms that hire at-risk populations. The major focus of the program is on the identification of and the safe usage of chemicals and pesticides, along with respiratory protection.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Explain the basic requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard
- Differentiate between physical and health hazards of agricultural chemicals
- Recall the requirements of a written hazard communication program
- List the components of a hazard communication training program
- Interpret the information contained in Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Describe the requirements and purpose of hazard warning labels.
Supervisor or Managers: This training is intended primarily for health and safety professionals including but not limited to owner/operators, safety officers or specialists, managers, supervisors, safety coordinators, health safety and environmental interns and any person or persons who serve as safety personnel in an agricultural setting.
Producers: This training is intended primarily for agricultural producers including but not limited to farmers, ranchers, and any person or persons involved in some combination of raising field crops, orchards, vineyards, horticulture, or other livestock.
This training has expired. Let us know if you’d like us to schedule it again!