Ready to Apply?
Applications are being accepted. Apply now!
The AgriSafe Network is seeking volunteer leaders in the agricultural sector from across the nation to join our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Advisory Council. AgriSafe is a national 501©3 organization representing health and safety professionals striving to reduce health disparities in the agricultural community.
This sector-wide advisory council seeks skilled leaders from the farming, ranching, forestry, and commercial fishing sectors. Applicants interested in representing diverse perspectives within agriculture are encouraged to volunteer as a member of the AgriSafe DEIA Advisory Council. The DEIA Advisory Council is a unique opportunity for the inclusion of underserved populations in agriculture, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA+, and disability leaders, to impact the health and safety of agricultural workers. The council will comprise 10 – 15 rural leaders from around the country.
Once on the DEIA Advisory Council, members shall provide guidance on AgriSafe’s mission concerning underserved populations in agriculture and help develop our DEIA strategic plan and priorities. The DEIA Advisory Council will also assist with creating linkages and partnerships with diverse organizations in the agricultural sector to reduce agriculture-related illness, injury, and fatalities. The deadline to apply was April 7, 2023; however, the deadline has been extended to ensure representation from select populations.
- Willing to attend virtual meetings through video conference approximately 4-6 times per year
- Willing to commit approximately two to four hours per month to council activities
- Willing to make a 1-year commitment to the council; renewable for up to 3 years, and communicate in advance if unable to attend virtual meetings.
- Willing to provide honest, constructive feedback on safety & health messages or strategies to engage diverse communities in agriculture; and
- Willing to volunteer time uncompensated other than through expense reimbursement (i.e., attending in-person meetings/forums). There is no personal financial cost associated with council membership.
Those with questions about the DEIA Advisory Council are welcome to contact Knesha Rose-Davison at email@example.com.