Summary: Wildfires have become a persistent health threat for people working in agriculture. This webinar will focus on understanding the risks of exposure to wildfire smoke and potential strategies for responding to protect human health. Best practices for protecting worker health will be shared based on California’s requirements along with resources for talking with agricultural workers about wildfire exposure risks.
Intended Audience: farmers, ranchers, agricultural producers, agricultural workers, employers, agricultural safety and health professions, health professionals
Objectives: By the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to…
– Establish key concerns surrounding agricultural workers and exposure to wildfire smoke
– Identify existing information gaps and propose potential solutions
– Present preliminary efforts to develop a response framework targeted to farmers and ranchers
– List best practices for protecting worker health during wildfire conditions
– Identify at least one resource for sharing with ag workers related to wildfires