Summary: Pregnancy and fertility are often not considered when women assume farm tasks. Pesticide and other chemical exposures, zoonotic diseases and heavy lifting particularly during childbearing years, present challenges.
Objectives: At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
– Identify unique exposures/risks associated with farm tasks.
– Identify at least four reproductive health and safety issues for women.
– Locate three current evidenced based resources in the field of agricultural health
– Develop Hazard Map of work exposures.
– Select appropriate PPE for farm tasks to reduce or eliminate exposures and or risks.
Intended Audience: Producers- This training is intended primarily for agricultural producers including but not limited to farmers, ranchers, and any person or persons involved in some combination of raising field crops, orchards, vineyards, poultry, or other livestock.
This material was produced under grant number SH-05068-SH8 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.